Saturday, June 7, 2014

Stripe-Hexi Quilt

Finished another one


 After a mere seven months of hand quilting, it's done. (I kept track of how many days, 158 quilting and four binding. I didn't keep a count of how long it took to piece it.) Back in April 2013 I posted an article on hexagons. I was thinking about this one then. I found stripe fabrics whenever I shopped at quilt shops, mainly looking for 'softer' colors, not brights.
All spread out
 I used a Kona grey for the sashing. The borders on the top and bottom are a continuation of the hexagon designs and the sides are just narrow straight pieces.
Close up

Quilting was easy, I just followed the stripe pattern on the fabrics in each hexagon and quilted on either side and down the middle of the sashing (just eyed the middle, no marking). The only place I marked was in the outside borders.


On the bed

Extra long for a pillow tuck

Back and binding
 I like to use a narrow binding, cut 1.75".
Back, a cheery yellow  

No comments:

Post a Comment