Monday, September 24, 2012

Scrap Circles Quilt

It's starting to really feel like fall in Seattle. I've needed to pull up a quilt at night and I chose one of my favorite fall looking ones. I made it a couple of years ago. When I make a scrap quilt I like to chose a background that goes together and then use scraps for the design. This one was especially fun to do. I went through all my scraps, cutting out four triangles (either large or small) of each piece I wanted to use. Then I divided the triangles into lights and darks, then paired them up. I didn't think it needed a border. 
I used a soft looking cotton print for the back, no it's not flannel. The quilting designs were easy, just lots of radiating circles. The hand quilting makes the quilt more soft and comfortable, a cozy vintage feel. For the binding I used pieces of all the different backgrounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment